Men often worry about quality of their erections. Sometimes sex life ceases to be bright due to unpleasant disease-related processes in the body. Stress, alcohol abuse, and poor nutrition habits can weaken erectile function or make an erection impossible.
Some causes of impotence are temporary. Unfortunately, some of them are irreversible. If a patient with diabetes is faced with erectile dysfunction, he needs to know about features of its treatment and chances of success.
Coexistence of impotence and cardiovascular diseases arising from commonality of many risk factors has led to an increase of statin use amongst patients suffering from erectile dysfunction. So these patients want to know whether administration of these medications is associated with further deterioration of erectile capabilities.
Decreased potency is a very common problem in males. In some patients, it appears sporadically, indicating a lack of proper rest or presence of ingrained bad habits, while in others it becomes a chronic condition, causing disharmony in many areas of a life. In addition to the fact that the deterioration of potency signals a malfunction in the functioning of the body, this phenomenon has an extremely negative effect on psychological state.
A man loses confidence, there may be serious difficulties in the relationship with his partner. So erectile dysfunction sufferers seek to find a treatment, and some of them prefer natural methods.
Performance anxiety is a common problem, especially amongst young men. What are the causes of this condition? Is it possible to prevent it?
Main Causes of the Disorder
The main reason why males start feeling anxious is the flow of undesirable negative thoughts concerning their good sexual performance. They vary from the fear to disappoint a partner (not please her) to considering own sexual inadequacy.
Such feelings, which cause anxiety, are influenced by penis length and girth, man’s role perception or body image. Negative thoughts related to other person’s life may also trigger anxiety.
Besides, stressful situations at work, problems in family, financial issues are not positive for man’s mental wellbeing and contribute to such frustrating state of mind.
Connection between Anxiety Related to Bad Performance and Impotence
There are some ways in which such conditions may link. Anxiety about performance in the bed can be the factor which induces erectile disorders in gentlemen. Women can also experience sexual dysfunction.
Intimate expectations are not always met. Consequently, representatives of both sexes may feel that they are incapable and unworthy.
Male persons who are prone to low self-estimation can suffer from physical inability, that is from erectile dysfunction (ED).
Scientists Eugene F. Simopoulos and Anton C. Trinidad (2013) stated that the association between state of male’s mind and his sexual ability is obvious.
Tips on How to Avoid the Anxiety
There are seven recommendations on how to get rid of performance anxiety.
1. Manage the processes in your own mind
There is the only enemy, which create anxiety and kill your self-estimation. It’s not your penis of body, which tell you that you are not good enough. It’s your own mind that makes your nervous. Clear your thoughts and you will overcome the problem. Never let any negative thoughts to rule your life and sexual activity.
2. Be Non-Linear
One of the main anxious feeling concerns the fear that something will go not according to the previously imagined scenario. Actually, sex doesn’t have to happen in certain order or particular direction. Let the improvisation and unexpected events happen. And don’t bother too much about it.
3. Communicate with Your Partner
Try to focus on establishing a trusting relationship with a partner, discuss your problems and contraceptive issues. If there is coldness and “backlog” in the relationship, these factors would adversely affect the sex life. Full sex life is possible if partners trust each other and are not ashamed to talk about their phobias.
4. Don’t Think about Penetration
Focusing on pleasure without thinking about the result is another way to overcome the fear of sexual intimacy. You need to enjoy kisses, touches and hugs, trying to extend every moment and not rush to the final (intercourse and climax).
According to several studies, erectile dysfunction symptoms have been linked to the absence of physical activity. A simple training routine (20-30 min) performed 3-4 times a week will decrease levels of stress in the organism. Besides traditional exercises, you can try specific ones, in particular Kegel exercises for the pelvic area. This may also prevent organic ED.
6. Try Psychotherapy
In some cases, psychotherapy is definitely necessary. If a person has serious problems, it is worth going to a competent psychologist. You cannot run away from your sexual side of personality.
7. You Can Also Try Viagra
Viagra may become the Aladdin’s lamp for you. It is known that drugs from this class (PDE5 inhibitors) are helpful in case of psychogenic erectile dysfunction. They allow the body to adapt to stressful situation and develop an ability to get erection without the pharmacological support.Testosterone, as an anabolic-androgenic steroid, is responsible for mannish signs, development of male organs, increase in muscle mass, muscle-to-fat ratio, health of the prostate, personality traits related to will power and aggressiveness. However, it has been proven that testosterone like other androgenic hormones begins to gradually decline with age, especially after 35. So many males after 50 actually become androgen-deficient. What to do in such a case? How to resist age-related androgen deficiency (ARAD)?
Aging in Males and Androgen DeficiencyThe main causes of testosterone deficiency are:
- The natural death of a large number of interstitial cells of Leydig with age (they produce testosterone in the testes).
- Age-related disorders in the functions of the pituitary and hypothalamus (in the human brain).
- Genetic predisposition.
- irregular and unhealthy diet (fatty foods, lack of fruits and vegetables, fast food, which contains a lot of trans fats);
- work associated with inactivity – long distance lorry driver, programmer, etc. (being constantly in a sitting position puts pressure on the genitals adding to the problems that necessarily arise in the absence of activity);
- Improper sex life (promiscuous sexual contacts or, on the contrary, long sexual abstinence);
- the presence of chronic diseases (especially obesity, diabetes).
Use Natural MethodsIn mild cases, testosterone levels can be raised through psychological and physiological effects. Healthful natural methods are as follows:
- Proper nutrition. All necessary substances should be ingested: carbohydrates, proteins, fats, micronutrients, including vitamins and materials. Many minerals (especially zinc) are needed for normal testosterone production. The main sources of zinc are fish, seafood, nuts, and pumpkin seeds. Vitamins of C, E and B groups are very important for the production of testosterone. Nutrients needed to maintain normal testosterone levels are found in marine fatty fish (omega 3 fatty acids) and meat.
- Get enough sleep. A lot of sex hormones are produced during the deep sleep phase. Scientists recommend sleeping from 7 to 9 hours a day. Men recovering from an illness, or doing sports may need of the more time for rest.
- Physical activity. A competent approach to physical exercise with its own weight or with dumbbells (barbell) gives an increase in the male hormone.
- Positive psychological attitude. Experts in the field of psychology believe that the absence of nervous overloads, positive emotions, big and small victories contribute to the increase in the level of androgens. You can also consult a psychologist if you have problems you cannot resolve on your own.