Aging in Males and Androgen DeficiencyThe main causes of testosterone deficiency are:
- The natural death of a large number of interstitial cells of Leydig with age (they produce testosterone in the testes).
- Age-related disorders in the functions of the pituitary and hypothalamus (in the human brain).
- Genetic predisposition.
- irregular and unhealthy diet (fatty foods, lack of fruits and vegetables, fast food, which contains a lot of trans fats);
- work associated with inactivity – long distance lorry driver, programmer, etc. (being constantly in a sitting position puts pressure on the genitals adding to the problems that necessarily arise in the absence of activity);
- Improper sex life (promiscuous sexual contacts or, on the contrary, long sexual abstinence);
- the presence of chronic diseases (especially obesity, diabetes).
Use Natural MethodsIn mild cases, testosterone levels can be raised through psychological and physiological effects. Healthful natural methods are as follows:
- Proper nutrition. All necessary substances should be ingested: carbohydrates, proteins, fats, micronutrients, including vitamins and materials. Many minerals (especially zinc) are needed for normal testosterone production. The main sources of zinc are fish, seafood, nuts, and pumpkin seeds. Vitamins of C, E and B groups are very important for the production of testosterone. Nutrients needed to maintain normal testosterone levels are found in marine fatty fish (omega 3 fatty acids) and meat.
- Get enough sleep. A lot of sex hormones are produced during the deep sleep phase. Scientists recommend sleeping from 7 to 9 hours a day. Men recovering from an illness, or doing sports may need of the more time for rest.
- Physical activity. A competent approach to physical exercise with its own weight or with dumbbells (barbell) gives an increase in the male hormone.
- Positive psychological attitude. Experts in the field of psychology believe that the absence of nervous overloads, positive emotions, big and small victories contribute to the increase in the level of androgens. You can also consult a psychologist if you have problems you cannot resolve on your own.